North America Business Development Manager
Bonfiglioli Engineering, a global leader in the manufacturing of package inspection equipment for the pharmaceutical, food & beverage, and metal can industries is seeking a dynamic Business Development Manager to manage our North American market.
The North America Business Development Manager (BDM), reporting to the Global Sales Director is responsible for actively contributing to the management for sales strategy of the commercial operations for Bonfiglioli Engineering in North America. The BDM will drive new business activities through direct and rep/channel models.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for sales objectives, and proactive cooperation with the Global Sales Director for the definition of the strategic business development activities.
- Actively proposes to the Global Sales Director an annual sales plan, including objectives, market analysis, strategies/tactics, budgets, and performance measures.
- Develop and train new rep/channel agencies by identifying appropriate candidate organizations, qualifying them and working out a cooperation roadmap.
- Recommends to the Global Sales Director the annual trade show strategy and corresponding schedule; arranges for exhibiting and/or attendance for staff
- Evaluates market conditions and the timely proposal of adjustment of sales strategy to successfully adapt to those changes.
- Contributes to identifying product gaps and long-term business opportunities. Facilitates the management of key business relationships and negotiates potential opportunities for the business which are consistent with long term objectives.
- Working with the Global Sales Director, the BDM will assist in the appraisal of pricing, distribution and other policies and procedures of sales.
- Recommends changes that would improve the effectiveness of achieving the objectives of the business.
- Creates, manages, reviews the development of sales estimates, projections, budgets and forecasts to be proposed to and approved by the Global Sales Director.
- Monitors and reports monthly the status of: sales vs. target.
- Ensures that all orders and other customer communications are promptly and accurately handled. Takes appropriate action to resolve customer service problems.
- Establishes and maintains top level contact with the management of existing and potential key customers.
Qualifications, Education/ Experience:
- Required: Successful completion of 4-year college degree
- Packaging industry 5+ years experience, preference to pharmaceutical industry
- Strategic Planning and Budgeting experience.
- Must have strong customer development skills and experiences.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- CRM experience
- Located in the United States
Ability and/or Skills: A strong sales person with a solid sales, and business development background. Must be a results-oriented, take-charge, hands-on person who is organized, focused, an excellent communicator, highly professional, skilled at working remotely, possessing uncompromising values and committed to building a successful North American Bonfiglioli Engineering business.
Physical Demands: General office demands – able to use a computer up to several hours per day, able to travel locally, nationally, and internationally as required.
To apply please submit your application, including your cover letter, CV and relevant certifications at: